Nummer 4, 2022: NATO’s new Strategic Concept
De Russische invasie van Oekraïne heeft de wereld op zijn kop gezet. Oorlog is weer terug in Europa en de NAVO moet zich daarom meer dan ooit sinds de val van het IJzeren Gordijn richten op haar kerntaak: collectieve verdediging. In deze turbulente tijden is het nieuwe Strategisch Concept van het bondgenootschap gepresenteerd; het centrale thema van dit volledig Engelstalige nummer van Atlantisch Perspectief.
War has returned to Europe, and NATO has to concern itself once again on its core task: collective defense. This completely English issue of Atlantisch Perspectief is all about the new Strategic Concept introduced by the alliance.
In dit nummer / In this issue:
- NATO’s new Strategic Concept: our blueprint for navigating a more dangerous and competitive world
- NATO’s new Strategic Concept and the EU’s Strategic Compass face reality
- Euro-Atlantic security and defense in the context of the war in Ukraine
- Can NATO’s and the EU’s new strategies withstand Russian warfare?
- A new world order? European security after the war in Ukraine
- NATO as a community of values and its new political role
- NATO’s Madrid Summit and the consequences for the Netherlands
- Spain: Forty Years in NATO
- Türkiye and its current position in NATO
- Türkiye‘s relations with the MENA Countries and the Russo-Ukrainian war
- China and the Indo-Pacific in the 2022 NATO Strategic Concept
Direct lezen / Read now
Online beschikbaar / Available online
Due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine the emphasis on collective defense in the European theater marks a return to familiar terrain for the Alliance. Yet, the 2022 NATO Strategic Concept also includes China.
Ankara follows an assertive and neutral policy, both in the MENA region and in relation to the new world order after the Russian offensive operation in Ukraine. This means good relations with MENA countries and...
NATO’s Strategic Concept and the EU’s Strategic Compass jointly point to the right direction for the future strategic orientation of the NATO-EU partnership. But in the context of the return of war in Europe NATO...
Whilst new international orders are emerging, the question is what a future European security architecture would look like after the end of the war in Ukraine.
The fourth edition of Atlantisch Perspectief in 2022 is devoted to the 2022 NATO Strategic Concept. NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg wrote the foreword.
After Russia invaded Ukraine, the EU has announced drastic sanctions. The Atlantic cooperation within NATO has improved significantly. Is it all enough to withstand Russia?
Since its inception, NATO was conceived as more than a military alliance. The new Strategic Concept reaffirms the Allies' willingness to “stand up for our shared values and the rules-based international order.”
This article analyzes the impact of the Madrid Summit on the Alliance’s deterrence and defense posture, on the challenges posed by hybrid threats, and what it all means for the Netherlands.
The year 2022 marks the 40th anniversary of Spain’s entry into the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in 1982. For Spain, it was a key step towards its normalization as a democratic country and put...